Beltsville, MD, December 11th
EMSL Analytical, Inc., the nation’s leading environmental testing firm, is now accepting applications for the full time position of Microbiologist in Beltsville, Maryland. EMSL is a stable and growing company that offers the opportunity to become a part of a close knit team where you can advance within and develop professionally. We offer a wide array of analytical testing services to support environmental investigations focused on asbestos, microbiology, lead paint, environmental chemistry, indoor air quality (IAQ), industrial hygiene and food testing.
As an EMSL Microbiologist, a typical day might include the following:
- Analyzing bacterial and fungal samples by classical and advanced methods.
- Maintaining the Quality Assurance/Quality Control Program and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Preparation and analysis of a variety of environmental samples for Legionella, MRSA, VRE, Salmonella, C diff., Staphylococcus.
- Identification of environmental isolates utilizing biochemical tests (API, BBL and BIOLOG).
- Sample and media inventory management.
- Assist with Quality Control and documentation compliance.
- Assist in environmental microbiology sample preparation.
- Analyze in environmental microbiology sample analysis such as spore trap/direct examination and water analysis.
- Assist in environmental microbiology reporting.
- Additional duties include writing final reports, following quality control and client interactions.
The job requirements consist of the following:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in microbiology or life sciences.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in testing clinical or environmental samples
- Some knowledge of quality regulations such as AIHA or ISO 17025.
- Experience with the operation of fluorescence microcopy is a plus.
- Experience with air samples, surface samples, food testing, bacteriology and mycology is desirable.
- Experience with USP <797> environmental testing, Efficacy Testing and BIOLOG experience.
- Candidate must be able to distinguish colors in order to perform analysis.
- Good communication skills (will have some client interaction).
- Good computer skills both in typing and MS Office.
- Understanding of custody client confidentiality.
- Able to work independently and with a team.
- Candidate must be detail-oriented.
- Must have strong analytical skills.
- Maintain workplace.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and meet client deadlines.
- Work Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, some weekends and overtime if needed.
EMSL Analytical is an equal opportunity employer (EOE), including veterans and disabled. EMSL offers full-time benefits that include medical, dental, 401(k), voluntary benefits, paid time off, holiday pay and a flexible spending account.
To learn more about this position or other EMSL job opportunities, click here. To view our website, please visit https://emsl.com/Default.aspx or call (800) 220-3675 for any questions regarding EMSL.
About EMSL Analytical, Inc.
EMSL Analytical is one of the leading testing laboratories with over 46 locations throughout the United States and Canada. EMSL is a nationally recognized and locally focused provider specializing in fast laboratory results for mold, bacteria, Legionella, USP <797>, pathogens, asbestos, lead, soot, char & ash from fires, VOC’s, odors, radon, formaldehyde, indoor air quality, microbiology, environmental, industrial hygiene, radiological, food, beverage & consumer products and material testing services for the identification of unknown substances. EMSL services both professionals and the general public. EMSL maintains an extensive list of accreditations from leading organizations as well as state and federal regulating bodies including, but not limited to A2LA, AIHA LAP, LLC. (AIHA EMLAP, AIHA IHLAP, AIHA ELLAP), NVLAP, CDC ELITE, CPSC, CA ELAP, NY ELAP, TX DOH, NJDEP and multiple other state accrediting agencies. Please visit our website at www.EMSL.com for a complete listing of accreditations. In addition, EMSL carries a wide range of Sampling Equipment and Investigative Products for environmental professionals.