SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) by qPCR - SAMPLING INSTRUCTIONS FOR COLLECTION OF AIR SAMPLES:
Wearing appropriate personnel protective equipment (PPE):
- Collect a minimum of 1,000L for each air sample submitted for analysis.
- After air sample collection, wipe the outside of transport container with an alcohol wipe and label the outside of the container with unique sample identifiers that will match the Chain-Of-Custody (COC) to be submitted.
- We recommend a field blank (control sample) also be submitted on every project. The control sample must be handled the same way as the environmental samples: In the work area, open the package and remove the air cassette from the packaging, but do not attach it to the pump. Then, place the cassette into your clean transport Ziploc bag
- Place all samples for your project in a clean Ziploc bag and seal tightly.
- Wipe down the Ziploc bag with an alcohol wipe and place inside another clean Ziploc bag and seal (the samples are now double-bagged).
- Perform a final wipe down of the exterior Ziploc bag with an alcohol wipe.
- Fill out the EMSL SARS-CoV-2 COC form and place inside of a separate Ziploc bag.
- Pack samples well so they are not damaged during shipping. Bubble wrap is commonly utilized inside of a padded cooler.
- Write on the outside of the shipping container so that it is clear/readable: TEST CODE M330 - PCR LAB ONLY
- We recommend shipping samples on the same day as collected. If unable to ship on the same day as collected, samples may be refrigerated up to 72 hours.
- Samples must be shipped using 'Priority' overnight delivery. EMSL offers free FedEx Priority Overnight shipping for existing customers via LABConnectTM.
- All SARS-CoV-2 samples must be shipped to the following address. (NOTE: Samples can ONLY be received Monday through Friday):
EMSL Analytical, Inc.
**TEST CODE M330 - PCR LAB ONLY**
200 Route 130 North
Cinnaminson, NJ, 08077
16. Any samples arriving improperly shipped, damaged, or leaking will be rejected, not processed and