Contact: John Passero
1-800-220-3675 ext. 3604
Understanding if one or more materials are the same or different is crucial to many industries. At EMSL Analytical, Inc., we determine if multiple materials are similar to each other or any provided reference. Our Materials Science staff use their expertise, references and applicable techniques to provide a comparison of the material(s) of interest.
Methods and techniques that may be used include:
• Wavelength dispersive X-ray fluorescence spectrometry (WD-XRF)
• Energy-dispersive X-ray fluorescence spectrometry (ED-XRF)
• Inductively coupled plasma optical emission spectrometry (ICP-OES)
• Inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry (ICP-MS)
• Traditional wet chemistry
• Scanning electron microscopy with Energy Dispersive X-Ray (SEM-EDX)
•Polarized light microscopy, epi-reflected light microscopy
Comparative analysis is important in applications including alloy or metal working and fabrication, material selection, contamination, evaluation and certification, quality control, failure analysis, etc.