Issue 3: 15 March 2003
- This method utilizes a charcoal tube (226-01) for collection of vapors, desorption with carbon disulfide and analysis by gas chromatography with flame ionization detection.
- NIOSH recommends 2-10 field blanks be submitted to the laboratory with each sampling event.
- Samples do not need to be refrigerated but should be packed properly to ensure no breakage occurs.
- Samples must be labeled individually.
- NIOSH indicates that the samples must be analyzed within 30 days of sampling.
If you need more information this method can also be found at: