CLEANING EFFICACY TESTING SERVICES
As an alternative to EMSL's qPCR test for the SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) virus, we offer ‘Cleaning Efficacy Testing Services’. The results of these tests would demonstrate that the sampled surface area has been effectively cleaned and free of bacteria or fungi. If a virucide was included in the surface cleaning protocol, then this swab test indicates the surface was properly treated.
EMSL recommends the following tests on a ‘Swab’ as soon as possible/immediately post-cleaning to each area:
1) If the identification of the microbes is needed, the following culture tests can be sampled using a single swab:
- Identification and Enumeration of Culturable Fungi – 2 Week TAT – EMSL Test Code M007 (Call for Pricing)
- Identification and Enumeration of Culturable Bacteria – 1 Week TAT – EMSL Test Code M011 (Call for Pricing)
- Sample Report for M007 and M011
2) For FASTER RESULTS, we recommend the below enumeration tests that can be sampled using a single swab:
- Fungal Plate Count (Total Culturable Fungi, no IDs) – 5 Day TAT – EMSL TEST CODE M257 (Call for Pricing)
- Bacterial Plate Count (Total Culturable Bacteria, no IDs) – 48 Hour TAT – EMSL TEST CODE M258 (Call for Pricing)
- Sample Report for M257 and M258
The following EMSL AIHA-EMLAP Accredited laboratory for Fungi+Bacteria culture can perform the above testing:
SURFACE CLEANING INSTRUCTIONS
Wipe down affected areas with an EPA-approved broad-spectrum disinfectant.
Wait until the surface area/cleaning agent has dried completely/evaporated before swabbing the area.
Approved swab/sponge with appropriate broth is required for this test. Contact your EMSL Account Representative to place an order.
CHAIN OF CUSTODY INSTRUCTIONS
Click here to access our Microbiology Chain of Custody Form
Clients must note in the Project Description: Cleaning Efficacy Test
You can also add similar information per sample like “Room 401 work tables 2 and 3 - post sanitization.”
ADDITIONAL TESTING SERVICES
EMSL also offers SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) testing by qPCR. Click here for more information.
CONTACT US TODAY
Contact your EMSL Account Representative today, or email email@example.com. You can also call our Customer Service Center at 1-800-220-3675.